If you are studying at the University of Music and Theatre and would like to continue your studies in the next semester, there is one important thing you must not forget: re-registration.

Re-registration is done for each new semester by transferring the semester contribution by the end of the re-registration period. The amount of the semester contribution can vary from semester to semester.

Re-registration must also take place in the event of a leave of absence from studies. Students on a Junior Study Programme or Guest Student Programme must also re-register.

  • How and by when do I have to re-register?

    Re-registration takes place by transferring the semester contribution by the end of the re-registration period. Re-registration must also take place in the case of a leave of absence.

    For re-registration for the winter semester 2024/25, the semester contribution must be paid into the following account by 28 June 2024. Please also note the correct intended purpose for the payment.

    Recipient/account holder: Staatsoberkasse Bayern
    IBAN: DE63 7005 0000 3501 1903 15
    Credit institution: Bayerische Landesbank Munich

    Intended purpose for payment:
    Your enrolment number
    Your surname, first name
    RM WiSe 2024/25
    Your degree course

  • What is the current semester contribution?

    The semester contribution for the winter semester 2024/25 is € 85.

    Students of the Post-Master Certificate (Zertifikat Meisterklasse) please transfer € 2.085.

    Junior Students please transfer € 300.

    The University of Music and Theatre Munich collects the semester contributions on behalf of the Studierendenwerk München Oberbayern in accordance with Art. 121, Para. 5 of the Bayerisches Hochschulinnovationsgesetz (BayHIG: Bavarian university innovations’ regulations) and transfers them to the Studierendenwerk. The amount of these contributions is determined by the Studierendenwerk München Oberbayern through its statutes.

  • What do I have to do if I am enrolled at several universities?

    If you are enrolled at several universities at the same time, you only have to pay the contributions due at one university.

    At the university at which you have not paid, please report in person to the Registrar’s Office. Here you can present the certificate from the other university confirming that you have paid your contributions there.

    At our university, please submit the certificate by e-mail: 

  • What happens if I do not re-register?

    If the semester contribution has not been paid into the university’s account by the end of the deadline, you may be deregistrated, i.e. you may not be able to continue your studies.

    If you have accidentally forgotten to re-register, please contact the Registrar‘s Office immediately: 

  • Can I be exempted from paying the semester contribution?

    Until now, it was possible for severely disabled students to apply for exemption from the obligation to pay the additional contribution for the semester ticket. Since the contribution for the semester ticket no longer applies, exemption is no longer possible.

Contact for students (A to L)

Merike Steinert


Contact for students (M to Z)

Cindy Voigtländer


Contact for students of teaching study programmes

Sonja Behrens


Contact for students of the Ballet Academy

Katharina Suzuki